Friday, August 29, 2008

3dp5dt... and made appt for another 2nd opinion

While I was home this week, hoping that my embryos were implanting... I decided to do some research. I always need to be thinking about Plan B... what will I do next month if this doesn't work. I've become a lot more realistic through this process, so I know the odds aren't in my favor. But it helps my heart from breaking too much by thinking ahead and having a plan.

But right now I don't feel confident in my next plan. I've moved forward every step of the way the past 2 years... from clomid, to clomid + injectables, to injectable IUIs, to IVF, to FETs. But now, I have no more frozen embryos, so my next step is unclear. To top it off, I am thinking about changing REs, so I might have to take a couple months off for more testing again. It's so hard to continue to have months and years pass by and I still don't know if/when there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

So, back to my research. From what I could find, CCRM in Colorado has the highest success rates in the country for IVF. From '03 - '06, their IVF cycles that resulted in live births ranged from 58-62% for women <35 yrs old. That is phenomenal! My clinic's success rate last year for <35 was 33%, and the other top clinic in this area was 38%. So, if I'm going to go through this again and spend another $20K, I feel like I should go to the best. But, then I will have to travel to Colorado, repeat tests out there, and then during the IVF cycle I'd have to spend 2 weeks out there! That would be really tough for work...

But I made an appt for a phone consult with the Director at CCRM, and the earliest appt they had is Oct. 7. So, that gives me a month to think about my options locally and I can always cancel it if I change my mind.

2 comments:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Hi Jill,

I just wanted to tell you that I replied to your post on SAIF. That was so sweet of you.

And as for changing RE's, it was the best decision I had made. I found it good to start fresh with a new RE with a new protocol, etc.

Good luck to you on this FET...I'm praying you won't need to go to Colorado!!!

theworms said...

I think having a plan B is always a smart move, I'm hoping you don't have to use it.

Sending you tons of sticky baby dust, snuggle in tight little ones.